Monday, September 26, 2011

Best of Charleston

My mom and I had the pleasure of spending a long weekend in Charleston and all I can say is what a great city! Gorgeous architecture, mixed with fab shopping, amazing eats, beautiful coastline, southern comfort and so much more. I could probably write a few posts about our fun times but will narrow down the highlights. 

#1: Fabulous Food: Husk, FIG and Hominy Grill

Recently chosen as the "Best New Restaurant in America" by Bon Apetit. Great food but surely not better than FIG. Highlights included deep fried chicken skins dipped in a hot sauce/SC honey combo. YUM!
A classic southern comfort spot. Highlights included our first ever taste of boiled peanuts- I'm a fan! 
Best for last. FIG is one of our best eats of all time. Impeccable service with an atmosphere oozing southern hospitality. We began with an insanely delicious cocktail (prosecco, sweet vermouth and elderflower syrup). From there every dish was just as tantalizing as the last. Tomato tarte tatin with fromage blanc and tapenade (pictured above), coddled egg with parsnip cream, parmesan and mushroom, RIcotta gnocchi with a spicy lamb bolognese and an incredible sticky sorghum cake. No way to describe the deliciousness!

#2: Gorgeous Homes


I think it goes without saying that Charleston has some pretty amazing historic homes.  Antiques and furnishings aside, the incredible porches (piazzas) are beautiful enough to make any homeowner drool.

#3: Shopping Galore!
One word: King Street.

I hope "y'all" are able to explore this wonderful city at some point too!

XO


1 comment:

  1. I used to live on the East Coast, so I was much closer to SC than I am now. Now that I've moved, I realize that I can't recall ever visiting Charleston--regardless of the fact that several people I know have recently visited and moved down that way. I'm definitely putting it on my list of places to visit.


    http://wadinginbigshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete