Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chi-town Eats

I don't think I'll ever be a permanent big city girl but that doesn't mean I don't love to visit them. Lucky for me, I have friends and family in New York and Chicago leaving me with a million excuses to visit these two fab cities! This past weekend was Chicago's turn and it easily fulfilled my foodie cravings.


Longman & Eagle: Highlights included duck egg hash with black truffle vinaigrette, pork belly BLT and fried chicken/waffles with pork belly hash. YUM YUM YUM. (side note: this restaurant also offers hipster rooms upstairs to stay the night)


Avec: We were so excited to try this place as Pat's sister works there and I've heard great things! Highlights included chorizo stuffed dates, taleggio/ricotta/truffle oil foccacia, slow roast pork shoulder with basil pistou and the list goes on! 




XO

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. And NY and Chicago--I'd have to say two of my fav cities, as well.

    ReplyDelete