Monday, November 28, 2011

Chair design

Ever since buying my first house I've fallen in love with furniture. I'm counting the days (or should I say years) until I can design a new house from start to finish. Being someone who plans ahead I've already chosen my builder and have a large file of images to make a mood board when the time comes! 

One of my favorite pieces of furniture in my current house is a set of antique candy striped chairs that I came across at a local antique store. It was my first antique purchase ever (and definitely won't be my last). Just looking at them inspires me to have a groovy centerpiece chair in every room of my house! Below are some of my favs I've come across over the past few months...

 Elegant and Punchy, how great would a set of these be?
 Sometimes I love the use of random symbols around the house. Don't love the brown on black but the concept is great.
 A funky take on a more traditional love seat. 
 Being a massive pillow fan, I love the mixing of patterns shown here. Try mismatching textiles around your house to add some pizzaz.
 A more classic look. The nailhead detail makes the chair for me.
 Nothing makes a chair look good like a cute puppy and some beautiful flowers.

Do you have a favorite chair or piece of furniture?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment