Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Bad Book Club

Reading and I have not always been friends. Ask anyone in my family about me and books and they'd be surprised the two words were even in the same sentence. Although I admit this is true, I've recently made a conscious effort to read as much as possible. For me, a new book purchase is typically spurred by an international trip with a long flight or a very practical need (aka needing to learn how to raise a puppy). This tends to lead to sporadic reading so to change my habits (and after being inspired by a college friend) I got a few friends together to start a book club. One happy hour later and voila we have our first book and monthly meetings (aka drinking, eating, gossip and book discussion sessions) set up!  Our first read will be Water for Elephants which I'm very excited to start. I'll make sure to post book recommendations from here on out...

Until then happy reading!




XO

No comments:

Post a Comment